Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Cannot Be Lost

Thanksgiving Day, November 22nd in the year of 'our lord' 2012.

What am I thankful for? Everything, and everybody. OK, that's a little too broad and a little too vague. I am thankful that I am still kicking it here on Earth among all you fine people! I'm so thankful for my amazing and wonderful family, for I am truly blessed to be counted among them.

Uh-oh, here comes the lecture! Kidding, sort of.

I do not want to lose the culture we've nurtured for so long! All the art, music, drama, scientific advancement. All of it! We must find a way to transition to a simpler, less resource intensive way of life, and keep our amazing cultural advancement going! We must find a way to 'keep the lights on', I think that's sort of the 'prime directive' as we go through this difficult time period. Can you imagine living without ANY electricity? I don't think many of us really can.

Popular Music, in my admittedly messed up mind I feel the Universe, God and 'Satan' or whatever/whomever; speak to us through music. I think he/she/it/them is/are the spark for truly inspired art and music. I don't want to us lose any of it! I love Pop Music, so much of it contains so many great truths. Look at the lyrics to The Association's "Along Comes Mary' and tell me you don't see a hint of the divine in this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment