Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Day Dawning?

I was in the old World Trade Center towers twice. Once in 1989, my boyfriend Mic and I went up to the indoor viewing area and took it all in. Mic, God Bless Him, passed away in 1993 of AIDS. No, not from me. I miss him to this day, he was an amazing person (1/2 Irish and 1/2 Native American - 100% beautiful), he IS an amazing soul.

The 2nd time was in 1994 with my ex-partner James and his sister Mary. That time, it was lovely outside and we went to the rooftop viewing areas. Still have some great pics from this visit.

The WTC holds a weird place in my heart, partially because engineering the massive 'chillers' for the HVAC system was my Dad's first job/project after he graduated from RPI.

The new One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) officially became the tallest building in NYC on my birthday, April 30th.

This link is from the day Hurricane Sandy approached, and contains the sound referred to in the essay by Jules Peck I linked to in my prior posting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2232005/Superstorm-Sandy-turned-World-Trade-Center-olian-harp-played-eerie-sound-foreboding-just-hours-storm-hit-New-York.html

No comments:

Post a Comment