Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sunny Day in Savannah

Good Morning, Fellow Humans!

After a week and a half of gloomy/chilly weather, the Sun finally came out today; in all its' glory. Had a lovely, extended morning session with it, and it warmed my soul.

There are so many birds here now! A huge variety in the many trees surrounding my sister's home. A bluejay dive-bombed the patio table while I was out there. That is one of the many things I love about Savannah. They don't cut down trees here unless they absolutely have to. The subdivision my sis lives in, Wilmington Park, was developed in the late 1960's; and they did NOT cut down the trees. The houses (almost all are brick ranches, some huge) are all shaded by old live oaks, water oaks, and very tall pines. This past summer, a huge old magnolia in Monterey Square had to be taken down, its' core was rotten. It made the evening news, and people tied ribbons around it and held a ceremony first. That's Savannah, we love our trees!

Oh, and I want to link to a Carpenters song, so here it is:


Love 2 All,

RtTBt

No comments:

Post a Comment