Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hmmmmmmmm. Let me think for a moment.

I spent most of the month of October (10/10 to 11/02 to be exact) in the wonderful city of New Orleans, Louisiana. The Heart and Soul of the United States. I mean this, quite literally. Think of where most of our 'modern' music originated. Jazz, Blues, R&B --- that morphed into so many formats with the love and effort of so many musicians in both the U.S. and England. The amazing polyglot of cultures that New Orleans nurtured over the years; French, Spanish, African, Anglo (uptight fucks that we are), Haitian/Dominican, Italian, Irish ... and so many others. The 'Creole' blending that happened in NOLA, but did NOT happen in other localities; the result, to this day, is amazing. I have such deep respect and love for the people of New Orleans! I kind of want to move there, but I feel I need to find some more balance in my life first. I fear I may truly fly off the deep end if I move there prematurely.

So, here's a toast to NOLA! I lift my whiskey and coke to you, my beloved New Orleans...




No comments:

Post a Comment