Sunday, November 18, 2012

Time Distortion

I just want to say a few words about this, since if affects my point of view so significantly. When I am Manic (as I am now), time seems to absolutely crawl. Nothing (I MEAN NOTHING) moves fast enough for me. I watch the microwave count down the last 10 seconds until whatever is in it is hot enough, and I can create and destroy worlds in those 10 seconds. Driving to the local Kroger and back for a few groceries is a torturous adventure that seems to eat up three lifetimes. Waiting for one of my loved nephews or niece to explain some simple problem, issue, or question to me demands superhuman patience. And I won't even try to explain how listening to my beloved mother makes me feel.

What is up with this? Seriously. I am wise enough to know this is related to my mania, but how can my mental 'speed' get so incredibly out of synch with 'reality' speed? I've become quite good at holding in my irritation and impatience,  but in the back of my mind I always worry that at some point I will simply EXPLODE and alienate the few people in my life who will still tolerate me.

Any suggestions? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment