Thursday, November 15, 2012

Please pardon any awkwardness, as this is my first blog attempt.

I have given up trying to keep secrets in my life, and have accepted that there is very little (or no) privacy on the internet. So, here goes:

I am 46, male, homosexual, "gay" I suppose. I am HIV positive and have been since I was 19 years old (that I can confirm). I may have become infected soon after my 18th birthday in 1984. Virgin to Slut in one month! Imagine that. It's funny in retrospect. I don't worry about it specifically any more as I have been extremely fortunate. I think the medical field refers to those like me as "elite long-term non-progressors". Hey, I'm a member of an elite! Goody Gumdrops.

In mid 2008, while living in Tampa, I started to feel very hyper and developed severe insomnia. This escalated and began to cause various problems in both my professional and personal lives. Too much detail to go into now, suffice it to say I ended up being diagnosed as Bi-Polar and I do have to agree. I think far too many people are labeled by the mental health industry (and an industry it is), but I have to concur with the diagnoses.

I ended up moving to Savannah in November 2008 and have lived here since, with many swings between depression and outright crazy ass mania going on the entire time. I've worn my family down, have not been able to hold down a job, and am currently awaiting a court date for a disability app w/S.S. Trust me, you'll see eventually why I think I may need this. In the meantime, my mother and sister have been supporting me. I am one lucky person to have them, they are incredible.

I'll get to the crazy stuff later, just wanted to give a 'brief' introduction...

Omega Man
RtTBt

No comments:

Post a Comment