Saturday, November 17, 2012

UT Prof. Robert Jensen, My Hero

Hello again,

Robert Jensen is a journalism professor at UT Austin, an author, and a serious activist. I came across his essay "The Delusion Revolution" on Alternet in 2008 (you can find it in numerous places and on his site on the web --- you can figure it out). This essay, combined with the documentary film "A Crude Awakening" woke me up, and my life's been getting harder and weirder ever since. Because it had to. I accept this awakening despite the many hardships it imposes, because it is ESSENTIAL for me. God only knows where I'd be if I hadn't awakened. Dead, I think...

Mr. Jensen wrote a very insightful article about the role universities have in extending the hold TPTB have on us. Here it is:

http://www.austinpost.org/university-texas/what-starts-here?fb_action_ids=527939610567457&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366

No comments:

Post a Comment