Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What's going on?

Good Afternoon, Fellow Humans;

What, exactly, is going on here on Earth? Well, I don't know! Again, surprise surprise. However, I am willing to venture some guesses, so here goes...

I've come across some writers online who suggest that the elites/powers that be are pushing 'austerity' not because they believe it will 'fix' our economy, but because it will indeed slowly destroy it and bring the masses standard of living down along with the economies of the nations subject to 'austerity measures'. This is interesting, since it actually could achieve some of the same 'goals' of many of the environmental activists out there (me included) in a kind of mean/back-handed way. It is hard to imagine that the leaders of the 'super elite' (if they indeed exist) would truly not know about the gathering threats to our civilization. Do you really think all these CEO's and heads of international institutions don't know what's going on? I mean really, get a grip.

The missing ingredient in this forced take-down of our global 'civilization' is... you guessed it, LOVE! It's a cold, calculated methodology that doesn't care how it achieves its' goals. This goal seems to be the death and/or impoverishment of millions and perhaps billions of humans. Then I suppose the remaining humans, led by this same elite, can continue the game on a much smaller scale; continue the slow transformation of the Earth into God only knows what. Some weird techno vision of hell with a completely corrupted elite lording it over their grovelling slaves, perhaps? An anti-universe, based on chaos? Who knows, but I don't wish it!

I, for one, don't want the 'forced austerity' scenario to play out. At all! We humans do have free will. If enough of us can act together, we may be able to make the needed changes in a loving and humane way. This doesn't mean there will be no loss of life or suffering, though I fervently hope we can find a way to do this without it, but - I must be a realist. I, for one, volunteer to take some risks that may end in my death. Maybe I can start a campaign to encourage my fellow aging HIV positive gay men to start the 'dry-casking' of all the damned nuclear waste out there, there's one idea! We've got to get this 'crap' stabilized and put away before the Grid starts having issues, or we could lose a huge number of people and vast amounts of land. Shades of 'The Handmaid's Tale' (by Margaret Atwood) in that idea I know!

So, with the above thoughts in mind I'm going to link to another posting on Resilience by Mr. Dan Allen. I linked to him before; he is a High School chemistry teacher and organic/permaculture farmer. This is an amazing piece, please PLEASE read it:

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2012-12-10/extirpation-nation-how-much-of-the-us-will-be-habitable-in-50-years






No comments:

Post a Comment