Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Unity Alter

Well hello, few readers out there in the ether - fellow humans;

I haven't had much to say the past few days. And, I still don't. My Mom is up from Florida for Christmas, and I think it's time to go back to church. I'm a member of the local Unitarian Universalist congregation but haven't attended for over a year. I think it's time to go back.

I see we got through 12/21/2012. No great surprise there. I enjoyed viewing the sunrise, and tried mightily to clear my mind on that day. Not sure if I succeeded, but I did make the attempt.

So many others have so many more informed opinions on what we're facing, I don't want to compete with them, for I do not have their knowledge, experience, or education. I will leave that sort of analysis to them for now.

All I can repeat is the same thing I've said here before; the same thing that has been repeated ad-infinitum for so very long. What the world needs now is love, sweet love (Thanks Burt and Dionne and who's the lyricist again?). We need to love one-another (Thanks Jesus, and others). All other endeavors, theories, philosophies, ideologies; will FAIL without this one CRUCIAL ingredient - Love. Not sure what else I can say about it. It is absolutely essential if we, humanity, are to continue.

So, I'll leave you with a little photo of my fireplace in the room I lived in from April 2011 to August of 2011; a beautiful space that I did not want to leave but circumstance demanded I do so. I was quite 'nuts' while living in this space, and I prayed daily to this 'alter', prayed for love and unity. I hope these prayers will someday be answered...


No comments:

Post a Comment