Sunday, December 23, 2012

Don't call me Scrooge though...

For I love Christmas. It kind of hurts that I have no funds to buy at least a bit of something for my family. Guess I need to give them cards good for some good deed/chore/something that I can do for them. So, I will, for 0.28 in my bank account won't do much else - It's up to me, by the sweat of my brow or whatever...

But, that's not what it is really about for me. I enjoy the time I spend with family; the greetings exchanged with friends and family too physically far away to see in person. The spirit of it, the music, yes the lights and the schmaltz ... I enjoy it all. I strongly believe that most people who celebrate 'the season', for whatever reason, feel similarly. I posted these thoughts on facebook today, and I'll share them with you too --- Christmas is a common point of recollection, of memory, of experience ---- many people thinking similar thoughts and having similar feelings all at the same small, particular point in time. It can be quite powerful! Go with it! Enjoy the season and prepare for a New Year, for it is filled with promise and peril. Let us go with the promise and try to minimize the peril.

God Bless, God Speed, and Joy to the World!

RtTBt


oh, and a few photos and a song!

This photo is by my cousin Amy, and I think it is BRILLIANT! Please forgive me, Amy, for copying and pasting it...


Here is a detail of a tree from 2009, it was JFM's actually...



and, some Christmas music from Charlie Brown...



No comments:

Post a Comment