Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blasphemy?

http://www.alternet.org/comments/man-faces-death-threats-and-jail-pointing-out-weeping-jesus-miracle-just-faulty-plumbing#disqus_thread



I'm sorry, but the situation described in the above link only serves to illustrate  how patently absurd all of our religions are. Every last one of them, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!, are utter crap. They serve as control mechanisms for certain self-appointed elites, enabling said elites to silence anyone who questions the crap they insist on shoving down our collective throat.

I don't know how to describe how much I loathe all religions. I am a very spiritual person. I was raised in the USA. I can relate, very closely, to what Jesus supposedly said and taught (see the link I post later, it's cool). But, I cannot hold with what has been done in religions' names throughout history. I suppose one must accept their role(s) in shaping our culture, but I want them all to be, point blank, ELIMINATED! They are holding humanity back, they are counterproductive, they are .... DEAD. In the words of REM, we need a new religion. But, I would say we do not need a/any religion at all, we need an enlarged spiritual/universal awareness. We won't be able to get it, collectively, until we jettison this crap! All of it! ALL OF IT!

Just my rant, just my opinion, I suppose...

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1216-30.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment