Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ouch!

Well hello there fellow humans!

I woke up this past Sunday with some serious abdominal pain and ended up spending the entire day in bed, feeling worse by the minute. Eventually, Mom and my Sister noticed that I was not coming out to have a beer or a ciggie --- at all! The horror of it - imagine! These two facts convinced them I needed to go to the ER.

Thank God they were able to convince me; I fought them on it at first. Sure enough, I had acute appendicitis and they scheduled me for surgery right away. Ended up spending the next 3 days there under observation, as my appendix had been perforated but did not appear to have really ruptured. I think it may have started to rupture right when they were running the CAT scan on me, as I recall the doc saying 'your appendix was huge'. Many thanks to all the nurses and other 'allied health professionals' at Memorial - you were pretty cool  to me from what I see.

So, I'm home now recuperating, feeling good if a bit tired and, well, gassy. But, I am so very thankful it was caught in time. A lot of changes are happening in my life right now, and I DO NOT want my life to end anytime soon (are you listening, BRMc?).

I'll try to conjure up some mixture of thoughts to post tomorrow, just felt the need to say hello, and that I remain ... ALIVE!

Peace, Love, and Joy to ALL,

RtTBt



And, here is a picture of Rasputin. Why? Who knows, who cares! 


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I hear you! Funny, but I have the same exact photo of Rasputin as my avatar for my local newspaper comments! Back at ya, Omega. - BRMc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, BooneH! Came across all these photos of Rasputin I think when I looked him up on Wikipedia, so not a surprise there really; but still, an odd coincidence.

    ReplyDelete