Saturday, June 6, 2015

Pulling back from my brink

Well, my few dear readers out there; hope I didn't freak anyone out too much. No, I'm not going to commit suicide anytime soon - I  hope. I found my myself quite depressed the last few days, and then today I went into some sort of rapid cycling where I'm on the floor crying about the fate of humanity on minute, then talking to myself working out ideas, then crying on the floor again,  then exhausted. Phew, it's just ... exhausting.

Anyway, about the voluntary suicide of the elderly thing ---- I do mean voluntary, and it would at best maybe give us a small knock down in global population ---- but I don't expect it to happen and am not sure I'd even want it to.

As for getting a handle on new births? Well, I think it's essential but the best we can do for now is empower women, give them autonomy over their bodies,  and provide access to effective birth control. Anyone familiar with this issue knows the consensus is that this is the best humane way. It's all pie in the sky anyway...

The whole reason I say this is that I am hugely, deeply concerned about the fate of humanity. I truly am concerned that we are on the verge of effective extinction - and I can't bear the thought. Billions of years of evolution have brought us to this point. We can't fail! But, I'm afraid we can fail, actually. It terrifies me, more than anything.

Please forgive me if I offend, for that is not my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment