Friday, June 28, 2013

Here's the thing!

Good Day, fellow humans!

Here's the thing. If we are indeed alone in our universe, and if we are indeed faced with near-term extinction; maybe it is UP TO US to CREATE a platform for our afterlife. Maybe that platform will be what we know/ think of as AI (Artificial Intelligence). Think about it, we did come out of nature - 'it' made us somehow. The Earth is finite, sooner or later it will not be habitable by any flesh and blood creature. Perhaps this is all meant to be? I guess our universe is finite too, but on a much larger timescale. I withdraw all of my previous objections to the development of AI ---- we should embark on it NOW! I suppose many of us have, and good! Keep it up, because we may need that platform. I don't want to give in, I don't want to give up, I don't want capitulation. I want our ideas and thoughts and dreams and art and music to go on ---- forever! And, if we need to shove it all in some electronic box or bio-geezawhatsit thingamajig -- so what, SO BE IT!

That's all folks,

RtTBt
NotOmegaMan (okay, well maybe the omega of flesh and blood man, but I myself said 'we inhabit your electronica' - maybe I meant US!)

No comments:

Post a Comment