Sunday, March 17, 2013

Good Things.2

Good Evening, Fellow Humans:

Endearments. Think of them; dear, honey, hon, sweetie, pudding-pie, love... there are so many endearments we use in our conversations with our fellow humans. I have found, in my life experience, that using endearments with people you come into contact with often in your daily life helps foster good feelings, good cheer, a stronger sense of community, and just a more 'smiley' world. I often walk down the street to a little, privately owned convenience store around the block called the 'Jay-Ram' (it's a black thing, Savannah being a chocolate place overall). We only moved in here a month ago, but I have already established very nice/good relationships with all the clerks (one of whom is likely the owner, an Indian man I believe). I share endearments with them, and they return in kind, and it makes buying a sixer or a pack of smokes a pleasant experience.

Please, people --- use endearments more frequently, as much as you can deem appropriate. If a clerk or post-person, or anybody you come in contact with, seems worthy -- call them dear or darling or something. It helps! I promise!

Love, Peace, Joy - to ALL

RtTBt

Edit, 3/17/2013: I want to add, obviously, that one must make allowances for gender differences and cultural norms. I don't say 'thanks dear' to a male clerk, but I will to a female one. W/the guys, I'll say 'thanks man' or 'thanks dude' or just a bright/cheery 'Thanks!'. I am so compulsive...

No comments:

Post a Comment